Hey there, everyone! We at Rising-Artists are always looking for more admins who are willing to volunteer their time to help out the group. If you are interested in becoming an admin here, please read over the following info.
We have two main categories of admins, whose descriptions and responsibilities are explained below.
Moderators are the "part-time" admins who help out with some of the more simple tasks in the group, which mostly involve participating in the admin forums.
All admins are responsible for:
- Contest Voting: Admins are expected to help judge our prompt challenges/contests by voting for contest entries.
- General Maintenance: Other responsibilities include moving submissions from the "Wrong Folder" gallery into the correct location and answering any questions, comments, or notes to the group.
Co-Founders are the "full-time" admins who help out with the group's most important duties, which include planning and posting journals for the various activities/events we host here.
In addition to the general admin requirements above, Co-Founders can participate in the following:
- Group Activities/Features: Co-Founders organize and post the journals for group activities and features, which include the Friday Favorites, Feature O' Friends, Thursday Feedback Corners, Tuesday Tips, and Random Member Features. Each month, Co-Founders are able to sign up to lead any activity they would like.
- Contests/Prompt Challenges: Co-Founders can also volunteer to help lead the bi-weekly prompt challenges or monthly contests. This involves choosing a theme for the prompt challenge/contest, posting the announcement and reminder journals on time, and collecting votes from the admins.
- Submission Tickets: Co-Founders help monitor and vote on submissions to the Contest folders and the Critique Me folder.
If admining as either a Moderator or Co-Founder sounds like something you'd like to do, please comment or send us a note with the answers to the following questions:
- What admin position would you like? (Moderator/Co-Founder)
- Which group activities/responsibilities would you most like to help with?
- What's one thing you'd like the group to focus on in the coming year? (Could be as simple as continuing a certain activity, or it could be a completely new idea, if you have one )
Feel free to make the answers brief (1-2 sentences is perfectly fine). These are just for us to get to know what kind of admin you'll be, not to try to cut people out of admining.